Monday, July 24, 2017

So, that just happened...

It's been an eventful few days.

Prologue: I got a random email from a recruiter for a staffing company a few months ago. He said he might have some interesting work coming up, and asked if I was interested. I didn't really think much of it, said sure, I'd take a look if he had something interesting. Worst-case scenario, I end up continuing to work at Aflac like I've been doing.

Fast forward to this past wednesday, I got a request from for a current résumé, there was a really cool job coming up, etc. Most of the postings forwarded to me by this company haven't been fantastic, but I send along an updated résumé anyway, and they send me a list of required and desired skills for the potential job.

Friday morning they called while I was on my way to work, to ask if I could interview Monday. Apparently the prospective employer really liked my résumé. I say ok, and let my boss know, when I got to work.

When I got back to my desk, my phone rang. Apparently Monday wasn't fast enough:
 "Could you come by at 10:30 or 11?" (It was 9:30)

I said sure, I guess. Yeah, I can make that happen.

"Great. Here's the name of the company you'll be interviewing with. You might want to do some research about them before you have the interview..."

Seriously? I'm at work, I have to finish up this thing, then leave for an interview, drive to the new place, and read about the new company when?

I get to the place at 11. It's a company that makes flying cars.

Flying cars? Good thing I'm flying blind into the interview.

Anyway... long story short, the interview was almost an hour and a half. And another hour and a half later, I got a call to ask when I could start.

SO... in a couple of weeks, I'll start working on making flying cars.

I don't know how the hell this kind of thing even happens, but I'm a little delirious about it.

More as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment