Friday, December 11, 2015

Florida

I'm still moving towards getting into grad school for Orthotics and Prosthetics. In that vein, I've been taking prerequisites at Bunker Hill Community College, in Boston. (Psychology and Physics, right now.)

In the meantime, I need to work. And one of the things I was advised to look into was becoming an Orthotic Fitter. (Basically, an O/P assitant.) So I've been working through online training, and I'm now down in Florida, going through the hands-on portion of training. (Next comes 1000 hours of experience, before I can test for certification.)

On top of all of that, I'm hanging out with my two boys during the day. The eldest is almost 3 years, and the new guy is almost 5 months old.

Things were going just fine with school until I added orthotics to the mix, and right before my wife's maternity leave ended. After those two factors came in, it basically felt like full time school work, on top of full time stay at home Dad. I'm getting sleepy just writing that down.

So far, the orthotics course has been interesting, but I can tell it will all be a lot more fun when I'm actually putting the information to good use, in context.

All that said, being down here in Florida, while tiring, has given me just enough time to write this up, and talk about what I've been up to. Life should settle down, briefly, pretty soon, which will hopefully give me a few more opportunities to write more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment